- Goto angel.co/social and follow friends.
- Follow your favorite startups.
- Fill out your shit. Personal AND Startup. (Make sure your co-founders do the same!)
- Don’t leave stuff blank.
- Add your team, advisors, investors and incubators to your profile. EVERYONE.
- Try setting the referrer for your startup to someone who is not related otherwise (someone you won’t add as an investor/advisor/employee). Try someone who has a bunch of followers and would be willing to pimp you out. Feel free to use me. ;-)
- Add multiple markets and locations. (More places to be discovered.)
- Post an update at least once a week. Brag. @Mention your startup on your personal posts.
- Share your profile on Twitter and Linkedin.
- TELL PEOPLE TO SHARE YOUR STARTUP! Don’t be shy about it. See the text below that I use.
- Send it to your email list. Send it to people you know on AL.
- Share startups and ask them to return the favor.
- Post really big news as a comment on your profile. This gets sent out. Don’t do this too often. Maybe once a month. You don’t want it to overpower the comments that were made by investors and advisors.
- Hit the “Like” button on comments about you, have your co-founders do it too. This used to post it back into the top of the timeline. Not sure if it still does, but couldn’t hurt.
- Engage. Send emails through AL, post comments, post updates. Have your face show up everywhere.
- One thing I did at the beginning, was message everyone who followed my personal page, with a link to the invested.in page and asked them to follow. You can power through it by opening a ton of tabs and using cut/paste.
- BE PERSISTENT!
It really helps our ranking and showcases us on AL when people “Share” us. Could you go in and do that for us real quick? It only takes a second.
Click on the “Share” button on the upper right corner.
Click in the “To:” field and change it to “All Followers”.
No need to write a note or anything.